How do I obtain copies of plans of my house?

If you are the owner of the property, you can apply for copies of plans for structures that have been approved by a Building Surveyor from the Shire of Chittering. 

To apply, fill out the Application for a Copy of Plans, provide a form of payment for the fee and a form of ID (indicated on the form).

Plans can only be provided in A3 size or smaller and in a hard copy form. Whilst the Shire will endeavour to provide you with all plans, we cannot guarantee we will have all plans on file. Depending on the age of a structure, permits may not have been required at the time of construction.

Applications can take up to 10 working days and cannot be done on a same-day basis, especially if there is a significant amount of plans to be copied.