2021 Extraordinary Election - Close of Enrolments

Published on Thursday, 26 November 2020 at 3:38:22 PM


You are automatically enrolled to vote if you are on the State Electoral Roll. If you are not already on the State Electoral Roll and meet the eligibility criteria, or if you have changed address recently, you must complete an enrolment form.

Enrolment Forms

Electoral enrolment forms are available from the Shire, all post offices, all Australian Electoral commission offices or the Western Australian Electoral Commission and must be completed and reach a Divisional Returning Officer in Western Australia by 5pm on Thursday 7 January 2021.

Non-Resident Owners and Occupiers

If you are a non-resident owner/occupier of rateable property in the Shire and are on the State or Commonwealth Electoral Roll, you are eligible to enrol to vote. Owners of land who were on the last Local Government roll continue to retain that status until they cease to own the rateable property to which the enrolment relates. Occupiers do not have continuous enrolment and should contact the Shire to confirm their enrolment status. To be eligible to enrol as an occupier, you will need to have a right of continuous occupation under a lease, tenancy agreement or other legal instrument for at least the next three months following the date of the application to enrol.

Joint Owners and Occupiers

If a rateable property is owned or occupied by more than two people, a majority of the owners/occupiers may nominate two persons from amongst themselves who are on either the State or Commonwealth Electoral Roll, to enrol as owner/occupier electors.


A body corporate that owns or occupies rateable property may nominate two people who are on either the State or Commonwealth Electoral Roll to enrol as owner/occupier electors.

Enrolment Forms – Non-Resident Owners and Occupiers Only

Enrolment forms can be obtained from the Shire and must be lodged with the Chief Executive Officer by 5pm on Thursday 7 January 2021.

Further information can be obtained by contacting Natasha Mossman on 9576 4606

Back to All News