Aged and Disability

Ageing in Place

Staying in Place Home Support Service Information Session: Tuesday 19 September - 1.30pm to 3.30pm in Council Chambers @ Shire Administration Building, Bindoon. 

Are you interested in being a part of a local group providing services to those in need locally? Find out how small communities have created their own local care workforce.

The Staying in Place concept is up and running in 19 rural or remote communities across Australia. It is turning traditional approaches to home care and support for the elderly on its head! Come and hear what the Productivity Commission had to say about it.

Helen Morton from Pingelly "Staying in Place" will be presenting an information session providing more detail on the concept, and anyone wanting to learn more is welcome to attend. 

Please RSVP: Contact Alison on 9576 4645 or for more information, or to register your attendance at the information session.

Independent Living Unit investigations

As an outcome of the above forum we have also been investigating the potential for clusters of independent living units within the Bindoon Townsite.  Further details can be found under the Shire Projects section of our website here or contact the Shire administration for copies of the relevant documents 

Local Phone Directory

Chittering Health Advisory Group have created a directory of community contacts who may be of assistance to residents in Chittering. 

Click HERE for a copy of the directory, or contact to request a hard copy. 

Other resources

My Aged Care  

If you're finding it harder to do the things you used to, you might need a bit of support at home.  The Australian Government's My Aged Care phone line and website can help you. 

Find the help you need Freecall: 1800 200 422. 


Click here for a My Aged Care brochure.

Department of Justice

he Department of Justice supports the community, Western Australian Government, judiciary and Parliament through the provision of access to high quality justice, legal and corrective services, information and products.  This includes the Office of the Public Advocate and the Public Trustee.

Office of the Public Advocate

The Office of the Public Advocate (OPA) works to promote and protect the human rights of more than 65,000 Western Australian adults with decision-making disabilities.

This website provides information to help families, friends, carers, health professionals, legal practitioners, primary care givers and accommodation service providers, to meet the needs of adults with decision-making disabilities.

Office of the Public Advocate - website

Level 23, David Malcolm Justice Centre
28 Barrack Street
Phone: 1300 858 455 or (08) 9278 7300
Fax: (08) 9278 7333

Postal Address
PO Box 6293

Telephone advisory service: 1300 858 455
From 9am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday, staff provide information about the rights and needs of people with decision-making disabilities. Recorded information is available at other times.

Enduring Power of Attorney

An enduring power of attorney is a legal agreement that enables a person to appoint a trusted person - or people - to make financial and/or property decisions on their behalf. An enduring power of attorney is an agreement made by choice that can be executed by anyone over the age of 18, who has full legal capacity.

Information Kit - pdf

Enduring Power of Guardianship

An Enduring Power of Guardianship is a legal document that authorises a person of your choice, to make important personal, lifestyle and treatment decisions on your behalf should you ever become incapable of making such decisions yourself. This person is known as an enduring guardian.

Information Kit - pdf

Public Trustee

he Public Trustee offers independent, professional trustee and asset management services to the WA community. These include Will and Enduring Power of Attorney drafting, deceased estate administration, executor support, financial administration and trust management services.
We are a statutory body that operates under the authority of the Parliament of Western Australia. The Public Trustee’s fees and charges are regulated by the Parliament of Western Australia.

Public Trustee - website
553 Hay Street

Office Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
Closed: Weekends and Public Holidays

Wills, Deceased Estates and EPA - 1300 746 116
Administration and Represented Persons - 1300 746 212

Disability Access

The Shire of Chittering Facilities Disability Access information can be found here.

NDIS Toolkit

Brightwater has developed the NDIS toolkit to help guide individuals with disability and their support network to effectively plan for the NDIS.

The toolkit is for individuals and their families; carers and guardians; as well as health and other human services professionals, and disability service providers.

Funded by the Department of Communities Disability Services, the toolkit will help you register for the NDIS and prepare for your planning meeting by taking out all the guesswork.

How can we help?

The Shire of Chittering would love to hear from you if have any ideas for ways that access can be improved around the area.

Click here to submit your suggestion.

For assistance or information

 If you require assistance or information at this time we encourage you to contact the following organisations:

  • Silver Chain - 1300 300 122
  • Commonwealth Care Link – 1800 052 0222
  • Advocare - 9221 8599 or 1800 655 566
  • WA HACC Program Website –
  • Department of Health WA HACC – Information Line (08) 9222 4060
  • Regional Home Care Services - (08) 9574 9800