Frequently asked Questions

FAQ 1 to 3 of 3


  • Where can I get tip passes from?

    Your Landfill Pass will be included with your Shire Rates Notice.  Residents who are renting their property may need to contact their landlord or agent

  • Are there items I cannot dispose of?

    Tip passes cannot be used for:

    • tyres
    • hazardous waste
    • household chemicals
    • gas bottles
  • Other items accepted

    The following items can also be disposed at the landfill centres:

    • animal carcasses (MUCHEA only)
    • car bodies (BINDOON & MUCHEA)
    • demolition waste *fees applicable (BINDOON & MUCHEA)
    • asbestos *fees applicable (BINDOON only)**

    * Fees are payble to the Shire's Administration Centre prior to attending the landfill centres.

    ** Due to the health regulations with disposing of asbestos you are asked to contact the Shire's Technical Services Department to make an appointment before you attend the Bindoon Landfill Centre.  This appointment will be to discuss the Department of Environment Regulations's requirements.for the disposing of asbestos.  

    Other types of waste may incur Landfill charges, please contact the Shire office on (08) 9576 4600 for further information.

    Please note: special conditions apply to gas bottles and sealed drums, residents must contact the Shire's Technical Services Department prior to delivering these items to landfill.