The Shire of Chittering is inviting comments with regard to the draft Local Planning Policy 5 Signage. Council at its Ordinary Council meeting held 15 February 2017 endorsed the proposed Local Planning Policy 5 Signage for advertising. The policy is now available for inspection at the Shire’s office prior to final approval. The policy is also available online at www.chittering.wa.gov.au/council/have-your-say.aspx.
The objectives of the Local Planning Policy 5 Signage are:
- To provide guidelines which will assist in the regulation and control of signage within the Shire of Chittering.
- To ensure the type and size of the signs is appropriate for the location.
- To avoid the proliferation of signage.
- To promote a high standard of design and presentation in outdoor advertising.
- To maintain the rural character and landscape amenity of the Shire.
Pursuant to Town Planning Scheme No 6 the policy will be advertised for a period of not less than 28 days commencing 1 March 2017.
Any person wishing to make a submission on this proposal must do so in writing before 4pm on Tuesday, 28 March 2017.
Further information is available by contacting Development Services on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (08) 9576 4600.
Chief Executive Officer