Chittering business owners, thanks to Royalties for Regions Wheatbelt Regional Grants Scheme funding, recently had the opportunity to attend a series of six free business workshops.
The workshops covered topics including ‘valuing visitors’, the importance of an online presence and the 15 things businesses can do, free of charge, to enhance their business.
It was fantastic to see 92 places filled at the workshops, with attendees representing 40 local businesses. Apart from the obvious benefits of interacting with professional workshop presenters, it was wonderful to see the camaraderie and cohesion amongst these proactive locals. It is hoped that this will lead to an upturn in membership for the local Chittering Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber are local leaders in business networking.
12 Tips for #Chittering Businesses – our “do it” dozen!
- Be proud of your business and your region.
- Everyone is a potential Ambassador.
- Exceeding expectation by just “+1” will cause delight, let’s delight our visitors.
- Local stories are unique, everyone should know and share them.
- Name badges are great, we should all be wearing one.
- Online directories, especially ones with “dot gov dot au” in the address, are a must.
- Social media is an amazing resource, just needs a little time and planning.
- Visitors aren’t just tourists; they can be locals or passers through too.
- Visitors like local and they like personal stories to make their visit memorable.
- We need to find our identity and unite to work towards sustainability for the shire.
- Weird is good… let’s let our weird out!
- Your network can increase your net-worth.
Chittering is a unique destination, with beautiful places to see and wonderful people to meet – if we all work together we can reap the benefits.
Click here to download the attendee feedback - the most useful thing I learned today was...
- Ends -
For further information please contact Karen Dore, Economic Development / Communications Officer on 9576 4600 or via email@example.com. This media statement has no regulatory value.