NOMINATIONS OPEN FOR AUSTRALIA DAY AWARDS
Community members and groups can be recognised for their dedication and hard work through the Premier’s Australia Day Active Citizenship Awards.
These annual awards recognise and celebrate the contributions that individuals and organisations have made to the Chittering community.
The categories are:
- Premier’s Australia Day Active Citizenship Award for a person of 25yrs or older
- Premier’s Australia Day Active Citizenship Award for a person under 25yrs
- Premier’s Australia Day Active Citizenship Award for a community group/event
The recipients will be selected from people and groups who have made a noteworthy contribution or given outstanding service to the local community over a number of years through active involvement.
Nominees must be residents of the Shire of Chittering, or have coordinated a community event within the Shire, or be members of a community group whose principle activities are conducted within the Shire of Chittering. Awards are not granted posthumously.
Nominations are now open for the Awards which will be presented at the Shire’s Australia Day Awards Ceremony on Thursday, 26 January 2017. Nominations close on Friday, 18 November 2016.
Winners will be judged to have shown active citizenship through their contribution towards community life and their active participation in local projects:
- How has the nominee contributed to the Chittering Community?
- How has the nominee demonstrated leadership on a community issue resulting in the enhancement of community life?
- What has the nominee achieved that has brought about change and value to community life?
Anyone in the community can submit a nomination by completing and submitting a nomination form, which is available from the Shire’s website or the Administration office.
- Ends -
For further information please contact Natasha Mossman, Executive Support Officer on 9576 4600 or via email@example.com. This media statement has no regulatory value.