Event Organisation and Promotion
What is a Public Event?
"A gathering of people brought together for a common purpose by some pre-arrangement - and which is open (advertised) to the public".
Why does the Shire need notification?
The Health (Public Buildings) Regulations require Local Governments to approve public events.
How much does approval cost?
Council has waived the fee for non-commercial, community and fundraising events. Commercial event organisers should refer to the Shire's current Schedule of Fees and Charges.
Organising a Public Event
To discuss your proposed Public Event and the relevant requirements please do not hesitate to contact the Shire’s Community Development Officer or Economic Development Officer. Call (08) 9576 4600 or click HERE to email us.
Application Forms and Information Sheets
Venue Hire Forms
- Click HERE for the Casual User Application for the casual hire of Shire venues
- Click HERE for Annual User Application for multiple use / hire of Shire venues
- Click HERE for Annual User Application (type-in Word version)
Are you hosting an event at a venue within the Shire of Chittering?
We can assist with promotion...
Click HERE to send your finalised flyer through, the Shire of Chittering can undertake the following (where time allows) on your behalf;
- Add your event to the Shire Website on the Events Calendar
- Include your event in Check Out What’s On @ Chittering – this hard copy calendar is updated and distributed on the last Thursday of each month, including being emailed to local Community Groups, Councillors, Local Business Network / Chamber of Commerce, Local Media, Local Tourism Businesses / Visitor Centre and Staff
- Share the event on the Shire of Chittering Facebook Page
- Display your event information on the Administration Centre Information Screen
Please click HERE to report any page errors