Procedure for Petitions
Please note the following protocol for submissions of petitions. Petitions must:
- be addressed to the Shire President.
- be made by electors of the district.
- state the request on each page of the petition.
- contain the names, addresses and signatures of the elector(s) making the request, and the date each elector signed.
- contain a summary of the reasons for the request.
- state the name and address of the person whom arranged the petition for correspondence to be delivered to, as correspondence is not sent to all the signatures on the petition.
Where a petition does not relate to or conform to the above it may be treated as an 'informal' petition and the Chief Executive Officer may at his discretion forward the petition to Council accompanied by an officer report.
If you wish to lodge a petition to Council, a petition template can be found by clicking this link.
PDF files are used on www.chittering.wa.gov.au for large documents and other resources. Where a document is not designed to be exclusively printed, an accessible alternative file (for example HTML, Rich Text) may be obtained by emailing email@example.com and request the publication by quoting the title of the document and your requested format.